I’ve been going through a process recently, of trying to improve my branding and presentation on my books. The focus has been primarily on blurbs and covers.
I had a good look at my covers are determined the following:
- They weren’t good at demonstrating genre
- The Titles were not as readable as I would like
- Their overall design was just not that impactful
From an artistic perspective I liked them, but they weren’t pulling their weight as book covers – and that’s really important.
So I’ve done the following:
- Applied a stronger branding to all my short stories
- Commissioned a Custom Cover from a top designer for Idle Thoughts
- Planned my future branding and decided that all future Novels will use Custom Covers
I just approved the front cover for Idle Thoughts, and I’m really excited. Can’t wait to share it with everyone. I’ll post a comparison on the site before it goes live.